Friday, July 14, 2017

July 14, 2017 - Still working it all out

My energy level has been better this week, but it is still hard to get out of bed in the morning. Exception is this morning. I was wide awake at 4 am. I sat in bed checking my emails and such before getting ready for the day. I'm still pretty wired this morning, but I know around 6:30 tonight I will start hitting the wall.

My legs are so sore from my workout the other day. I only did 15 minutes of leg work, but man oh man am I sore!! I found a great 30 minute kettle bell all body workout video on youtube the other day. I will be doing that this afternoon. Hopefully I will be able to get out of bed tomorrow morning since I have a lot of errands to run.

My thyroid is such a huge problem with my metabolism. I have began supplementing with an adrenal support supplement since the beginning of the week. I have been reading and watching some informative videos about the root cause of a slow thyroid. It really comes down to adrenal fatigue. And I know the problems I was having after delivery of my last child and then my hysterectomy really stressed my adrenals which then stressed my thyroid.

With all that said, what can I do to lose weight with such a slow metabolism? Working out strenuously stresses the adrenal glands, so that won't work. I have been eating low-carb for 6 months now and it is helping but I have stalled for about a month now. Dr. Eric Berg released a very interesting video yesterday morning that has me reevaluating the way I am intermittent fasting. I have to cut out the butter coffee in the mornings and really only drink water for the 16-18 hours I am fasting. I cannot snack in the afternoon and consider it my 2nd meal of the day anymore too. Dr. Berg says to drop to 3 meals a day without snacking for 3 weeks and then drop to 2 meals per day for another 3 weeks and then drop to one meal a day. I feel that I can jump on into the 2 meal per day intermittent fasting for the next 3 weeks and then I should be able to do the one meal a day. My understanding of the reason for this way of eating and fasting is all about keeping the insulin level very low for 24 hours. You then are burning only your fat cells. I have been wanting to get to this point anyway, but now the explanation of why I need to is so crystal clear now. It's time to stop flopping on the bank and jump into this way of eating.


No comments:

Post a Comment