Thursday, July 27, 2017

July 27, 2017 - Intermittent Fasting Update

I have been doing the 16:8 Intermittent Fasting protocol for 2 weeks now. There are some days I am pushing the fasting longer just because I haven't been that hungry. And then there are days I snack much more than I should in between my two meals. I have another week of 2 meals per day with a snack to then attempting only one meal a day with no snacks. I'm still up in the air about having fat during my fasting time. This week I did add in some morning coffee but sweetened with erythritol. Yesterday was pretty brutal on my stomach. I don't know if it was the erythritol or what. I'm going with the same eating plan today and if I have the same issue I know then it is the erythritol. If that is the case I will dump the morning coffee.

Some experts claim it is okay to have some heavy whipping cream or butter during your fast. Some say you should only be drinking water. I will test next week the only water during my fasting time. I figured since I haven't stuck to that mantra this week might as well stick with what I'm doing for the next 3 days.

One good thing going on at work is that I can now come in an hour later. I normally have to be at work at 7 am but I talked my boss into letting me come in at 8 am. If all goes as planned, I will be able to bike or exercise first thing in the morning now. It is so much easier to wake up at my normal wake up time and do an hour workout compared to having to wake up at 4:00 am. So starting next week I will stay on my normal wake up schedule but instead of hitting the floor and heading out the door I will either go on a bike ride or do some kettlebell training.

As of today no weight loss from last week. I was down to 171 on Monday but today I am back to my last weigh in weight of 172.2. My next weigh in is on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment