Wednesday, July 19, 2017

July 19, 2017 - Still struggling

I began my 16:8 fasting regiment on Sunday. I did really good that day, but I'm sure it had more to do with I slept in. On Monday, I made it to the 16 hour point prior to having a cup of coffee. Tuesday I made it only 12 hours before I caved and had a cup of coffee. Today, Wednesday, I made it to the 16 hour point. But.....I did have an ultra monster energy drink when I woke up. Now my readings and research state that erythritol does not spike insulin. That is why I had the monster because it is sweeten with erythritol. We shall see if this really makes a difference in the next couple of days.

I really am struggling with the only eat 2 times a day right now. Main reason is because I am home alone every evening and just do not want to cook a meal for just myself. I was in the same boat last summer and I did pretty good. Yet I was not implementing just eating 2 times a day with no snacks either. So I have to really access my situation and come up with a better game plan.

I want to stick to the intermittent fasting regardless and even get to the point of only one meal a day. I just do not want to derail any progress I have made thus far. Until next time!! I will keep on keeping on and figure out what will work for me for the next 4 and half months of pretty much being the only one home in the evenings. My husband is away throughout the week and my daughter is working 2 jobs that has her away in the evenings until late. So I am alone for now and have to come up with some single person meals that won't take up a lot of prep time. I do believe Sunday afternoons will become my prep day for all meals and I have to actually put some effort into this.

No comments:

Post a Comment