Friday, June 9, 2017

June 9, 2017 - Feeling better mentally and physically

Since my last post the cloud of depression is a little less. I have been trying to go outside each day and soak up some good old sunshine. I really think that makes a lot of difference. I have been keeping my carbs down to 20 grams per day. No chocolate or sweets this week.

I have not done the intermittent fasting this week either. I haven't eaten breakfast but I am having keto coffee each morning. Some say that the added fat in the coffee will not affect your fasting but it is nearly 500 calories. With that amount of calories in the morning I do not consider myself still fasting.

I am sticking to only 3 meals per day with no snacking in between. I am normally done with my last meal around 5:45 each evening and do not have my coffee until around 5:45 the next morning. So a good 12 hours of fasting. Once I am back from our vacation on the 21st I will go back to 16:8 fasting protocol. This time I will be only drinking water and coffee with no stevia. I want to see if the stevia really spikes the insulin. There are so many different views with this. Dr. Fung says any sweetener, natural or artificial, spikes insulin while Dr. Berg says it has no glycemic index results. But from Dr. Fung's book, The Obesity Code, he states that insulin release and the glycemic index are different. Because the glycemic index only registers the glucose spike from the food or item you consume. So it does not register the insulin that is being released so if stevia causes insulin to release then it isn't keeping my insulin down as low as I want during my fast.

No stevia in my coffee will be sooooo hard. I might just forgo coffee during these times and have it more as a reward after my meals. Once I have done the 16:8 protocol for about 2 weeks I will begin 20:4 fasting protocol. I will stick with this one for a couple of weeks as well and eventually I will work myself up to a 72 hour fast. I am thinking by the end of August I will be able to do this.

Since I have been eating lunch each day, I wanted to share with you my version of a chicken sandwich. Summer is a time where I do not care for a hot meal for lunch. I prefer sandwiches and salads. But I do tend to tire of salads pretty quickly especially if I am eating them for dinner as well. The other morning I really wanted a quick lunch prep and saw that I had some cloud bread in my fridge. I had lunch meat from the deli and thought why not try a cloud bread chicken sandwich. If I didn't like it I just would not eat it. I didn't want to put mayo of the cloud bread. I think the idea of mayo and cream cheese is not a good combo. I had some Laughing Cow Spicy Pepper Jack cheese wedges and decided to use them as my spread. Man o' Man is that a great combo!! For the past 3 days this has been my lunch. Just one of these is hard to finish. Very filling and satisfying for hours after eating. This is the cloud bread recipe I use if you are interested. I bake mine in a 6 bun baking pan that makes my cloud bread more formed and bun like.


No comments:

Post a Comment