Monday, May 22, 2017

May 22, 7017 - Day 5-8 of 30 Day Challenge

The weekend was pretty busy. I went down to Ogden and spent the weekend with the husband on base instead of him driving home. It was a busy weekend and we ate out pretty much everyday, but I stayed keto regardless of the breads and biscuits that came with my meals.

We also did a lot of walking, so I got in all my steps each day.

As for today, Monday, I am doing a 20 hour fast. I had dinner Sunday night around 5:30 and had lunch around 1 pm. I finished Dr. Fung's book on fasting Friday and now my daughter is reading it. I really hope she gets a lot out of it. Only thing I am doing that Dr. Fung doesn't recommend on a fast is using stevia in my coffee and tea. I will try and decrease the usage over time. My plan is to do a 20 hour fast today and then another one on Thursday.

I can say that at the 19 hour mark, I was becoming pretty hungry and all I could think about was food. I think my problem was that I just wasn't busy at work and had more time to think about the fast. I had a couple of cups of beef broth and they helped a little. Once I was home I tried to stay busy by working on my bookkeeping job. I would have normally done majority of the paperwork at my normal job, but I thought it best to save most of it for after work to keep my mind busy.

This morning I was at 171.6 pounds. I will let you know how it went tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment