Thursday, May 18, 2017

May 18, 2017 - Day 4 of 30 Day Challenge

A new day and I really tried to stay on track today. I was kinda forced to since I forgot my lunch in the fridge this morning. I realized it half way into work so at the point of no return. Luckily I had half an avocado in the fridge at work. So I had the avocado with some pork rinds and loaded bone broth for my lunch.

Received my book by Dr Jason Fung & Jimmy Moore, Complete Guide to Fasting, today and I think in the first chapter alone I have a section on almost each page high lighted. The first chapter has my undivided attention!! I was at work when I got it in and can I say no work for me happened the rest of the day!! So many great advice and sound research about our horrible diets and how reducing the insulin spikes in our day can heal our body. I want to shout this to almost all my family members but they will not change their eating habits even if it will save their lives!! I look back on my early 20s and wish to God someone had intervened and helped me eat correctly. What a difference my life would be now. I was my healthiest in my developing years prior to marriage because without knowing it I was fasting sometimes 24 hours every other day. I was only eating 3 meals a day most days and really my later teen years I was only eating one meal a day. Granted it was not the healthiest meal but it was only once per day. I realized that once I went to basic training for the Air Force that my metabolism slowed down due to eating standard 3 meals per day and not making good choices when I did eat those meals in the chow hall. I look back to my earlier years and see all the signs and warnings my body was throwing at me to eat low carb and high fat along with incorporating fasting into my routine. But it is a new day and I am doing my research and can make a difference from this day forward!!!

I did not snack today. I consumed 25 total carbs with net carbs at 19. Total calories were 1366 with ratio of 72% fat, 21% protein and 7% carbs.

I purchased Dr. Fung's book The Obesity Code today. I did the kindle version and have read almost half of it this evening!! Fascinating very fascinating.

No work out as planned because I have been reading instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment