Monday, April 24, 2017

Fat Fast and my results

Since derailing on Easter with that Carb Loaded Meal, I have stalled in my weight loss. I also noticed that I am really only losing maybe a pound or 2 per month. I feel that I need to do a reset and help with my insulin resistance. I decided to do a 3 day Fat Fast.

Many different ways to do a Fat Fast are out there on the internet. I decided to keep my calories between 1000 and 1200 each day with fat ratio of about 78% - 85%. I just cannot really get to the higher percentage just because I do need some real food instead of just fat.

I decided to go from Friday to Sunday since my husband was out of town until Sunday night. Makes is so much easier when you don't have to share meals with anyone in particular. My daughter was home but she is pretty laid back on not requiring a true meal each evening.

Day 1 Meals:

Breakfast: 2 cups of Keto Coffee

1 tbsp of coconut oil, 1 tbsp of kerrygold butter, 2 tbsp of heavy whipping cream, 2 servings of monk fruit, 20 ounces of gevalia dark roast coffee

Calories: 335  Carbs: 1 g Fat: 35 g  Protein: 0 g

Lunch: Deviled Eggs - (6 halves) with pork rinds

3 hard boiled eggs, 1.5 tbsp of mayo, 1 tsp of mustard, .5 tbsp of Mt Olive Sugar-free relish, salt & pepper, and 1 ounce of pork rinds

Calories: 453  Carbs: 3 g  Fat:  36 g Protein: 28 g

Dinner: Crustless Pepperoni Pizza

3 ounces of Cache Valley Mozzarella Cheese & 1.5 servings of Gallo Pepperoni Slices

Calories: 420  Carbs: 2 g  Fat:  33 g   Protein: 33 g

Total macronutrients for Day 1:  Calories:  1208  Carbs: 5 g  Fat: 104 g Protein: 61 g

Ratios:  78% Fat      20% Protein     2%  Carbs



Day 2 Meals:

Breakfast: 2 cups of Keto Coffee

1 tbsp of coconut oil, 1 tbsp of kerrygold butter, 2 tbsp of heavy whipping cream, 2 servings of monk fruit, 20 ounces of gevalia dark roast coffee

Calories: 335  Carbs: 1 g Fat: 35 g  Protein: 0 g

Lunch: 2 scrambled eggs in kerrygold butter w/ 4 slices of bacon

Calories: 480  Carbs: 2 g   Fat:  31 g  Protein:  28 g

Dinner: Chicken thigh with zucchini sauteed in kerrygold butter

Calories: 215  Carbs: 4 g  Fat: 16 g  Protein:  13 g

Total Macronutrients for Day 2: Calories: 1030  Carbs: 7 g  Fat:  82 g   Protein:  41 g

Ratios: 79% Fat    18% Protein  3% Carbs



Day 3 Meals:

Breakfast: 2 cups of Keto Coffee

1 tbsp of coconut oil, 1 tbsp of kerrygold butter, 2 tbsp of heavy whipping cream, 2 servings of monk fruit, 20 ounces of gevalia dark roast coffee

Calories: 335  Carbs: 1 g Fat: 35 g  Protein: 0 g

Lunch: Crustless Pepperoni Pizza

2 ounces of Cache Valley Mozzarella Cheese & 1 ounce of pork sausage & tsp of pizza sauce

Calories: 420  Carbs: 2 g  Fat:  33 g   Protein: 33 g

Dinner: Chicken salad w/ half avocado and bacon & Matcha Tea Fat Bomb

3 ounces of chicken thigh boneless and skinless, 1.5 tbsp of mayo, 1 tsp of mustard, chopped onion, 1 tbsp of Mt Olive sugar-free relish

Calories: 499 Carbs:  16 g  Fat:  39 g   Protein: 24 g

Total Macronutrients for Day 3: Calories: 1094  Carbs: 22 g   Fat:  95 g   Protein:  46 g

Ratios:  76% Fat,  17% Protein,  8% Fat

My starting weight Friday Morning: 175 pounds
Weight on Monday Morning:             172 pounds
Total weight loss on Fat Fast: -3 pounds

***Not a drastic loss but I think it reset my system a tad and hopefully I am back into losing again. It did stop my sweet tooth and carb cravings. So it was worth the three days of fat fasting. I do believe next time I will need to up my fat intake and reduce my protein to see any significant loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment