Wednesday, April 19, 2017

April 19, 2017 - Carb Laden Meal

Well for Easter dinner I made homemade biscuits and gravy for my husband and daughter. I was going to make me something keto, but I had been working in the yard all day without a break and just didn't have the energy. Hey, they were lucky to get fed. So I stumbled and ate a biscuit with a scoop of gravy for dinner. In my thought pattern, I justified all the carbs because I had not had any carbs except for a slice of yellow pepper for breakfast. I also thought that since I had been working so hard all day the carbs would not mess up my weight loss.

They didn't mess up my weight loss at all. I have maintained at 173 all week so far. But they did mess me up. Let me give you the list of ailments I have suffered from one biscuit and one scoop of sausage gravy:

1. I have had horrible nights of nearly no sleep

2. My stomach has churned for two days

3. I have sinus congestion

4. My sweet tooth craving has been through the roof and I caved last night by eating trail mix with M&Ms. Yep pure junk food.....

5. I have had no energy to do any type of physical activity and I mean zero!!

So one meal has put me in a whirlwind of a situation for 2 days. Today I am taking control and curbing the carb cravings and not giving in anymore. I really thought I could handle caving for one meal, but I apparently am not fat adapted enough to have control. I at first thought all the issues I am having was from over doing it this past weekend with all the yard work I did. I was outside from 9 am to 4 pm constantly working for 3 days straight. I did not eat lunch either days. I just chalked it up to over taxing my body with all the kneeling, walking, and weeding. But then I remembered my Sunday night dinner and it hit me. A carb loaded meal isn't something my body can handle at this stage. It opens the flood gates every time. I am just glad that I realized the culprit early in this spiraling down affect before it really got out of hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment