Sunday, April 16, 2017

April 16, 2017 - 11 Weeks on Keto Diet

Happy Easter!! I will not be indulging in any Easter candies this year. Now that my kids are grown I really do not indulge in any Easter candies anyways. I haven't had to deal with Easter baskets in over 8 years.

This week was a good week with eating and exercising. I did a lot of walking and gardening as my exercise this week. I really enjoyed a 3.5 mile walk after work the other day. The rest of the time I have been removing grass from flower beds around the new-to-us house we are leasing. The home had been abandoned for over 8 years and the grass has taken over everything. So I have been working on removing all the grass and uncovering any surviving plants in the surrounding flower beds.

On the eating front, I have managed most days to stay around 1300 calories per day. My fat has been between 75 - 100 grams per day. The highest my carbs got to was 45 grams one day, but it was an evening where I made cauliflower crust pizza so the carbs were all good carbs. My macro ratios have been staying around 70% fat, 20% protein, and 10% carbs. I think this is working in order for me to lose around a pound a week. I am going to try to reduce the carbs down to 5% and see if that will up my weight loss slightly this week.

I loss 1.8 pounds this week so my ratios are working for me. I do weigh myself daily and yesterday I had loss 2.2 pounds but .4 pounds came back which is probably water retention. But I will go with the weight on the scale as of this morning. So I now at 173. I have a ways to go but I am steadily losing again and that is what matters.


No comments:

Post a Comment