Sunday, April 16, 2017

A Day of Eating the Keto Way

Hi, I thought I would give a peep into a day of eating the keto way.

Breakfast - Butter Coffee
Calories: 219, Carbs: 1, Fat: 14, Protein: 10
My butter coffee consists of a scoop of collagen peptides, 2.5 tbsp of heavy whipping cream, 2 servings of Monk Fruit Sweetener, & .5 tbsp of kerrygold butter along with a pinch of pink Himalayan salt divided between 2 cups of coffee. I froth my coffee with my magic bullet blender. The first cup I have at home while the second one I sip on for about 2 hours after I make it into work.
Normally I can make it until around 12:30 to have lunch but this particular morning I was pretty hungry by 11 am. So I took an early break and enjoyed a quick and easy lunch.


This is a quick and easy lunch. I just made a quick egg salad and used pork rinds as my cracker. The egg salad consists of 3 boiled eggs, tbsp of mayo, tsp of mustard, tbsp of sugar free pickle relish and salt and pepper to taste. I also had a couple of  baby dill pickles. I weighed out the pork rinds and that is an ounce in the picture which is 2 servings per the package. They are also plain rinds which I find better when using them as a cracker substitute.

Just because I am on the Keto way of eating doesn't mean I do not miss pizza. I came across a great video on how to make a cauliflower crust pizza. I need to tweak mine just a bit due to the type of pizza pan I cooked mine on. I should have left it in the oven a tad bit longer in order for the center to bit cooked a little better, but taste wise I was impressed.


Total macro breakdown: Calories: 1249, Fat: 84 grams, Carbs: 29 grams, Protein: 84 grams

Not pictured are the 2 Monster Energy drinks I had that day as well. These equate to 4 grams of carbs. I did have 2 slices of the pizza so that is double the amount shown. If I do not snack this is what my days normally equate to. I am ranging between 1200 - 1500 calories per day.

No comments:

Post a Comment