Sunday, March 5, 2017

March 5, 2017 - Week 5: Back on Keto Diet

Changing my tracking up just a tad. Decided to go with total carbs instead of net carbs and try to stay at 20 grams or below. I knew Sunday would be a bust since it was the last day of skiing for my husband prior to his knee surgery on Thursday. We went to our favorite on-slope restaurant and indulged.

Slept poorly Monday night for no known reason. I was just hot all night long and slept really bad. The lack of sleep hit me hard Tuesday and I now know that my sleep pattern can destroy my day of eating. I was craving sweets all day long. I had no energy to even walk my set goal steps. I caved and ate an Atkins Bar AND peanut butter!! Pushed my calories and carbs way up there. Only good thing is the scale did not go up Wednesday morning. Plus Wednesday morning I had zero appetite since I slept so soundly Tuesday night.

I just had an all around bad week. I ate way too many carbs each day. Being a care provider is just not my thing. I am taking care of the husband after his knee surgery. Not taking care of myself is the problem. I actually ate a donut on Friday and an apple. I had digestive issues right after eating the donut and then a headache the rest of the day and all of Saturday. Bottom line is sugar gives me headaches and the processed crap in the donut gives me digestive issues. I have to stick with the Ketogenic diet because I do feel better eating this way. Just one day of eating a couple of items off plan and it messed up practically the whole weekend!!

Egg Fast begins Monday and man do I need it!! I was staying at a steady 177.4 all week until Saturday and this morning. I am now 180.4. I know it is from the stress eating. I have ate way too many carbs and really need to get control. 

I again started out this morning aggravated with my poor DH. He is just a horrible patient and I am a horrible care giver. So I was angry at him for trying to do more than he is allowed. He is trying to take some of the responsibility off of me, but it has only been 4 days since surgery and he needs to just do nothing. So I am trying to remain calm and accept that he is going to try and do more than he should. 

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Daily Macronutrients:

Day                               Calories               Fat            Total Carbs                Protein
Sunday                          1827                  102                   41                               90
Monday                        1246                   88                     17                               43
Tuesday                        1655                   117                   58                               87
Wednesday                 1710                   120                   77                              106
Thursday                     1340                   110                  36                               69
Friday                           1755                   126                  102                             62    
Saturday                      1965                   138                  84                               113

Daily Avg:                    1643                      114                 59                              81

Week 5 Weight Gain:  +2 pounds
*********************************************************************************************************************************

I did workout 4 days this week. I also tried to hit my step goal each day but failed a couple of days. I have a few challenges with some FitBit friends that get me going each day. 

I will be prepping for the Egg Fast that begins tomorrow all day today. I really want to set myself up for success this coming week.



Week 1 - Back on Keto Diet Weight Loss/Gain: -  3 pounds
Week 2 - Back on Keto Diet Weight Loss/Gain: - .6 pounds
Week 3 - Back on Keto Diet Weight Loss/Gain: - 1 pound
Week 4 - Back on Keto Diet Weight Loss/Gain:   0 pounds

Total to date weight loss: 1.8 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment