Sunday, February 19, 2017

February 19, 2017: Week 3 - Back on Keto Diet

On Sunday I made up some Mascarpone Cheese Coconut Oil fat bombs. They are sweet with a lot of spices. One of these really hits the sweet spot. They do have 4 grams of carbs per serving so I have to limit these for when I cannot control the sweet tooth urge. I plan on making a different batch that is not as sweet and has no cheese in them, just the coconut oil. I think I will make up some matcha green tea fat bombs with some turmeric in them.

Gradually losing weight still. No dramatic weight loss this go around, but I think that stems from me reducing carbs gradually for a month. I have began incorporating 30 minutes of cardio and strength training into my daily routine. I feel so much better now that I am back at small workouts. I hope to increase to 45 minutes to an hour, but will listen to my body and not over do it just yet.

Finally in ketosis as of Wednesday morning!! I think I had trace amounts of ketones, but as of Wednesday I was showing 1.5 on the scale.

I have struggled with a sweet tooth a couple of nights, but having the Mascarpone cheese fat bombs has helped. I have limited myself to only one a night since they pack 4 grams of carbs in each. I still need to work on reducing my carbs even more each day.

I ordered Dr. Westman's books Adapt Program: A Low Carbohydrate, Ketogenic Diet Manual and New Atkins for a New You: The Ultimate Diet for Shedding Weight and Feeling Great. I really want to be serious about this way of eating and I feel researching and familiarizing myself more with the program will help me succeed. I do know that there have been a couple times this past week where I almost caved and ate a granola bar or oatmeal. I know these cravings come from consuming too many carbs and I just have to get control of it.

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Daily Macronutrients:

Day                               Calories               Fat                Net Carbs                    Protein
Sunday                          1549                    120                   33                               77
Monday                         1492                    113                   25                               41
Tuesday                        1588                     128                   26                               69
Wednesday                 1240                     98                     20                               54
Thursday                     1199                     97                   11                               62
Friday                           1370                      83                  28                               62    
Saturday                      1428                      130                  11                               65

Daily Avg:                    1409                      110                 22                               61

Week 3 Weight Loss:  -1 pound
*********************************************************************************************************************************

Week 1 - Back on Keto Diet Weight Loss/Gain: -  3 pounds
Week 2 - Back on Keto Diet Weight Loss/Gain: - .6 pounds

Total to date weight loss: -4.6 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment