Wednesday, February 1, 2017

February 1, 2017 - Random Thoughts

First of February already!!

This week for some reason I am in a funk. I don't know if it is the reduction in carbs and no processed foods that has me in a weird way. Although my carb intake is higher than it should be. Hopefully I will get it under control starting today. I did log all I wanted to eat today and made some adjustments to get my carbs lower. Such as, I eliminated blueberries in my protein shake this morning. I might have to cut out the berries for a couple of weeks until I am finally in ketosis.

I did find a new blogger that I started following. She is an older lady who vlogs and blogs about her keto journey. She is constantly posting which makes a difference when you want to hear advice and see what works for a blogger. I have unfollowed a few because of their lack of posting. I am sorry but I follow bloggers to help me with my own journey. When a blogger isn't blogging about their ups and downs it just frustrates me. The new blog is Go Keto with Casey by Casey Durango. I like her personality and honesty. She started Keto in 2014 and has lost 92.1 pounds!! Just amazing!! She did mention that when she began she ate a good bit of calories but now that she has been doing it for so long and is at the size she is now, she only eats to fuel her body. Plus she only eats 20 total carbs per day. I hope I can get to the point where I only eat because I have to.

I ordered the Tropical Strawberry Vegan Shakeology mix and it should arrive tomorrow. I have heard so many great things about this shake mix that I finally dropped the $134 on it. Yes, over $100 for one bag of shake mix. If I like it and it works then I will opt for the auto ship where it will be a little be cheaper. But still over 100 bucks a month. I figured hey it is less than $5 a day for breakfast. I won't need fruit to mix in with it. As of now I think with all the items I mix into my Vega Protein mix it probably equates to the same amount. Shakeology is packed with so many great vegetables and fruits that really fuel the body. Plus it is suppose to regulate any digestive issues. I might need to start this over the weekend just in case my stomach goes haywire!!

Workouts - what can I say I am trying this week. I walked 10 minutes on the Treadclimber on Monday and did a 10 minute kettlebell workout. Since I could only do 20 minutes I decided to go for a mile and half walk. Pushed my steps over 6500 for the day and my fitbit said I burned 700 calories. I don't think I burned that many calories. Yesterday I skied for an hour after work. I didn't achieve my step goal since I skied instead of worked out. The fitbit doesn't recognize skiing so it didn't register any exercise burned calories. Today I plan on doing some step aerobics and kettlebell training. My thighs are sore from Monday. Plus my right shin area is bugging me. Monday night it would just have shooting pain and I would have to massage it out constantly. I don't know if I strained the muscle the other weekend when I twisted my ankle slightly at my son's wedding reception. I had on heels and was stepping off the dance floor. The dance floor had a slant I stepped on it which caused my ankle to twist. I caught myself before completely busting my ass, but I think that slight twist might have strained my shin muscle a bit.

So that's it. I am in a funk, started subscribing to new keto diet bloggers, messed up my right shin muscle slightly, and am trying my best to stick to workouts this week. I am going to work on dropping my carb intake to 20 grams per day. Will require a bit of tweaking but I think I can do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment