Friday, October 7, 2016

Taking a Break

I am stepping away from tracking every morsel I consume. I am taking a break from tracking everything. I need to stop fretting over it and just relax. I have been stressing every time I weigh heavier when I know I have been eating and exercising correctly. I think it is the stress of the scale that is keeping me from losing.

Will this work? I have no idea. I removed my Spark People app from my phone and plan on not logging in until after the holidays. I am packing away the scale and not weighing myself until after the holidays. I am done stressing over the weight and need to focus on what I am doing and enjoying myself. I have always said that I will do this for a year and if I am a size 14 at the end of the year then that is just my size. Well, it has been over a year and I am still a size 14. I am going to embrace my body and accept it for now.

Don't get me wrong, I don't plan on eating cakes and cookies. I know that I am gluten sensitive and will keep wheat out of my diet. I will also stay on a low carb way of eating lifestyle. It works for me. I feel better when I am not loaded down on processed carbs. I will be incorporating back in more of my favorite fruits and vegetables. I will just be limiting let say an apple to once a week instead of daily like I was before.

I am just taking a break from tracking and stressing over the scale. I will keep blogging weekly because you know typing things up really keeps me focused and helps me let go of some things that might be gnawing at me.

I have a huge move happening this month and that alone is enough stress for me. I am looking forward to living in the country surrounded by pastures and horses. It will be a nice change of pace and I am looking so forward to snowshoeing around the area this winter.

So as for my past week I have not tracked anything. I have not done any organized workout either. I have been running errands and working and just relaxing when I want to relax. I have no more easy days from here until the end of the month so I took it easy this week.

I did complete my Egg Fast and lost 3 pounds. That is good for me. Do I know if I have loss anymore weight since, nope. I have not weighed myself since Wednesday morning.

I do have a goal still. I wanted to be 145 pounds by November 19th, but you know what? I am just going to shoot for being able to walk 5 miles per day without having sore feet. I have to find some time to get out and just walk in between packing and moving.

Until next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment