Friday, September 30, 2016

Egg Fast Diet - 2nd Go Around

I did an Egg Fast last month and it helped me start losing again. So this past weekend I went off my Keto Diet and indulged in a cocktail and gluten. I was on a steady loss of about one pound a week at this point. One weekend and I gained 6 pounds!! Yes, 6 pounds in one weekend. I know most of it is inflammation from the alcohol, sugar, and gluten. I have decided to do a 5 day Egg Fast starting today and hopefully get back on track. Last time I did only 3 days with 2 days of transitioning and I lost 7 pounds. I ended up gaining back 4 pounds of the 7, but hey that was 3 pounds in 5 days. The Egg Fast also put my body back in to losing mode and that is what I want.

So I did some research on different recipes for the Egg Fast to give me some variety and not make it so boring. Hey, you can eat so many boiled eggs and fried eggs!!

This morning I tried an Egg Smoothie! Not the best tasting smoothie but I got it down and I am actually pretty full. The recipe is by My Tootie Foodie and is called Egg Fast Orange Dreamsicle Smoothie. I did not have the Orange Flavored Zinger tea but only the Lemon one. I think if I make this smoothie again I will crush a lot more ice because the smoothie was still luke warm from the steeped tea. I had the smoothie along with a cup of butter coffee.

For lunch today I made Avocado Deviled Eggs. I love adding avocado instead of mayonnaise to my deviled egg mixture. I seasoned them with Cayenne pepper, chili powder and garlic powder. Very tasty!! I also have about 2 ounces of cheddar cheese to go with my eggs for lunch.

For dinner I am planning on Egg Fritata with arugula and sausage.

I have planned for more time consuming recipes over the weekend and will post links when I update at the end of the fast!!

I will update after my 5 days and post how much I loss if any in weight. Hopefully I can lose the extra bloat and a little more. As of this morning I weighed 175 pounds. Up 4 pounds from last week when I was at 171 pounds. I am determined to get out of the 170's and into the 160's by the end of next week. My goal is to be in the 150's by Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment