Monday, August 8, 2016

Farmer's Market Finds & Fat Bombs

At the Farmer's Market last Wednesday I came across some awesome finds! Okra, zucchini, onions, cucumbers, blueberries, blackberries, & raspberries. I only stopped with these because I was loaded down! I didn't get any pictures of the berries because once I began eating them I didn't stop. I did let my daughter have half the blueberries but none of the blackberries. Glad I only bought a pint each! I will be heading back the Wednesday to stock on more blackberries and blueberries.

The zucchini are huge so I broke down and purchased a spiralizer. I made a zucchini pasta Saturday for dinner and then on Sunday I spiralized 3 more zucchini and froze them in single serving sizes. I hope they turn out okay after freezing. I researched and found it best to allow the zucchini to drain most of their water by salting with kosher salt. So I did and allowed them to drain for about an hour in the sink in a colander. I then poured onto a kitchen towel and patted dry as much as I could with paper towels. I have two more left that are whole and plan on making pizza boats out of them one day this week.



I am from the deep south originally and coming across fresh okra was pure delight!! Now I love to deep fry my okra but decided to go without breading and roasted them instead. I melted 2 tbsp of coconut oil and coated the okra really good and then salted with pink Himalayan salt. I roasted them for 25 minutes at 450 degrees with a quick toss half way through. Needless to say these bad boys never had a chance once I removed from oven!!


I also set myself up for success by making a couple batches of fat bombs. I do believe they will last for awhile!! I made strawberry cream bombs and the matcha green tea fat bombs. I already had the almond coconut ones. The strawberry cream bombs don't have too much fat so they are more for those sweet tooth cravings. Total fat in the strawberry cream bombs is only 3.7 grams, but good thing is that there is only 38 calories per disc as well. I think that I am going to use the matcha green tea ones in my morning coffee for those mornings I don't want to eat breakfast.



I hope I see the scale move down this week. Today I didn't have a high fat breakfast and by 11 am I was starving. So I had an early lunch of deviled eggs and so far my hunger is gone. I have to remember to add my oil to my coffee but I was running late this morning and completely forgot. At least I remembered my thyroid meds this morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment