Saturday, August 6, 2016

August 6, 2016 - Keto Diet Week 8

Wow 2 months down!! I am beginning to get the hang of this way of eating (WOE). It was a slight struggle a couple of days this week.

1. I forgot to take my synthroid medication for 4 days straight! Man was I feeling it Wednesday night! I could not fall to sleep even though my body was dog tired. Did not get much sleep at all. Brain fog was soooooo bad! I remembered on Friday as well as today and feeling better.

2. My in-laws were in town and I was out late with them each night. Plus we went out to eat a couple of times as well.

So with not remembering to take my thyroid meds pretty much the whole week, I only got one workout in. It was a great HIIT and indoor Power Walk by Jessica Smith. Plus afterwards I did a really relaxing stretch session too. So I had set myself up for success at the beginning of the week, but between work, in-laws' visit, my brain went to mush and forgetting my meds was rough. I should have known by Tuesday that I didn't take my meds because I was CRAVING carbs like crazy. I mean I was at the point that when a commercial was on and it showed bread or pizza I could physically smell the sweet aroma. That is one thing I have noticed when my thyroid is out of whack, I want carbs and bad. To squash the craving I made a crust less pizza casserole and I was good.

Going out to eat was not too tricky. I was able to stay Keto by ordering unbreaded chicken wings with celery and dressing. I did not eat any of the chips and salsa that was served. I ordered only unsweet tea as a beverage or just drank water. On Wednesday my macros weren't quite right because I did not eat enough fat. I was too high in my protein. Then on Thursday night we went to Denny's and I ordered the Prime Rib Cobb Salad. I was wanting the Country Fried Steak sooooo bad, but restrained myself. The salad had 760 calories with 60 grams of fat. That day I semi-fasted since I ate so much protein the day before and the salad was my only meal of the day. On Friday I woke up still really full and only had butter coffee for breakfast.

I scored big at the Farmer's Market on Wednesday. Their zucchini was 3 for a $1 and man I have never seen zucchini so darn huge!! I bought 6 and then thought how in the heck will I eat so much zucchini before it rots!! I went Thursday and bought a Veggie Spiralizer! I will make some zucchini noodles. I will test it out today.

So all family is gone now and I can get back to my dull routine life. Back to single serving meals and stay on plan with no detours. My goal today is to spiralize some zucchini and test out how I will like it cooked. I am making more fat bombs to have on hand. I found a couple of delicious looking recipes for them. One is by Ketogenic Woman and it incorporates green matcha tea. I am definitely making a few of these up.


The other one I came across uses sugar free jello, gelatin, and heavy whipping cream to make Raspberry Cream Fat Bombs. They look delicious and I think the cream will make them more meltie when you put them in your mouth.


So today and tomorrow I will be setting myself up for success this week. I am meal planning and food prepping my weekend away. We have soccer tournaments in town as well as the end of the Tour of Utah bike race ending here in town. The town is packed with people right now, so I will be staying inside my home and just peeking at all the people outside on occasion. I went to the grocery store yesterday after work and stocked up on supplies.

So here is how I came out this week with weightloss.

Daily Macronutrients:

Day                               Calories               Fat                Net Carbs                    Protein
Saturday                       1246                    94                    14                               66
Sunday                          1436                    116                   20                               63
Monday                        1184                     99                     13                              47
Tuesday                        1603                     145                  17                              75
Wednesday                 1406                     81                     33                              102
Thursday                     1137                      92                    21                              47    
Friday                          1678                      113                   41                              37

Daily Avg:                   1384                      106                   23                              62

Week 8 Weight Loss: 0 pounds
Week 7 Weight Loss: -6 pounds
Week 6 Weight Gain: +4.5 pounds
Week 5 Weight Gain: +.5 pound
Week 4 Weight Loss: 1 pound
Week 3 Weight Loss: 1 pound
Week 2 Weight Loss: 1 pound
Week 1 Weight Loss: 4 pounds

Total Weight Loss:   8.5 pounds

So no weight loss this week. I kinda expected that the scale would not budge because my body needs to adjust from the previous week 6 pound loss. Plus I don't think I drank enough water on the days my in-laws were in town. A new week! I will try and keep my average calories around the 1300-1400 range. My fat, net carbs, and protein macros are on point as well. I just need to make sure I drink more water and try to exercise a few days this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment