Saturday, August 20, 2016

August 20, 2016 - Keto Diet Week 10

It has been a rough week for me. I had to deep clean my rental town home for realtors to do a walk through and it really wore me out. I know I  didn't have to go as far as I did, but since I was de-cluttering and dusting I thought why not do my end of summer deep clean now. So I did and I was dead tired for a few days afterwards.

I thought on Wednesday night that it would be okay if I made a turkey club with one slice of sourdough bread. I have not had bread in 2.5 months, so I thought one slice would let me know if I am really gluten sensitive. Guess what!! I AM!! Wednesday evening I was feeling a little stuffy so I took some nasacort. Thursday morning I was feeling stiff and had massive back pain shooting through my body. By 8 am my head was throbbing and my neck was stiff. By 9:30 am I had a full blown migraine and felt so much sinus pressure. I had to go home from work by noon and took some prescription Ibuprofen. I ate a skillet cheese pizza and took a 2 hour nap. When I woke up I took some alleve and then made dinner. In this time frame I had also drank about 100 ounces of water and nothing seemed to ease my pain. I also began to have back spasms. After dinner and a cup of green tea with turmeric I began to feel better. My headache was minimal and the shooting pain in my back had eased up. Come Friday morning my headache was gone and just a light amount of stuffiness remained. I cannot believe that ONE slice of bread did this to me. Now I know for sure that I am gluten sensitive and will be living a gluten free lifestyle for now on.

As for the weight loss department, I have stalled. I know this will happen and I accept that but I have a goal to reach before Thanksgiving and I cannot let this stall last any longer. I decided to begin an Egg Fast that I started yesterday. I will post my results after I have completed 3 days of eating eggs, cheese, and fat only and then 2 days of transitioning back to the Keto WOE (way of eating). I am not a huge egg fan but I only have to do this for a few days. If the results are good then I might cycle an egg fast every other week until I reach my goal. We shall see.

Daily Macronutrients:

Day                               Calories               Fat                Net Carbs                    Protein
Saturday                       1551                     120                    8                                66
Sunday                          1289                     94                       33                               64
Monday                         1651                     108                    42                               90
Tuesday                         1680                    127                     40                               57
Wednesday                  1622                     133                     31                              63
Thursday                      1601                     137                     12                              63    
Friday                            1623                     139                      10                              59

Daily Avg:                   1574                      123                     25                              66

Week 10 Weight Loss: -1 pound
Week 9 Weight Loss: 0 pounds
Week 8 Weight Loss: 0 pounds
Week 7 Weight Loss: -6 pounds
Week 6 Weight Gain: +4.5 pounds
Week 5 Weight Gain: +.5 pound
Week 4 Weight Loss:- 1 pound
Week 3 Weight Loss: -1 pound
Week 2 Weight Loss: -1 pound
Week 1 Weight Loss: -4 pounds

Total Weight Loss:   9 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment