Saturday, July 9, 2016

July 9, 2016 - Keto Diet Week 4

Wow a whole month of no bread, pasta, fruit, or starchy vegetables!! And you know what, I don't miss them as much as I thought I would. Thursday I did have a slight craving for bread. I don't know why. I think it is because my thyroid was sluggish. I actually fell asleep watching TV for about an hour and really had no clue I was asleep. That is very unusual for me unless my thyroid is acting up. I think it is time to set up another appointment and have my levels checked again.

So about this week; I did a mixture of bulletproof coffee or cooked breakfast through out the week. I made another pancake recipe I found on RuledMe.com. It is a very high calorie recipe with coconut and almond flours as well as the main component being flaxseed meal. It was very filling and I had to force myself to eat dinner (which was early because it was the 4th of July and we had to leave early enough to get decent parking at the rodeo.) My breakfast alone was over 800 calories!! So these pancake breakfasts must only be on the weekend and I can only eat twice that day.

I have only suffered from hunger a couple days this week where I had to have a snack. I am finding it hard to figure out a good filling snack without a lot of calories. Peanut butter and cheese are really high in calories and I need something different. I know pork rinds would do the job but none of our local grocery stores carry any that I like. I cannot stand plain pork rinds.

Exercise has been a no go this week. I went on a long hike on Sunday and my legs and feet were just killing me the rest of the week. I have to really start incorporating more exercise. I do know that my thyroid has been so sluggish all week, so that could be some of the issue.

My calories have been up and down throughout the week. Another thing I have to get control of still. I really have to find a few recipes that I can incorporate through out the week that can keep my calories consistent. To be honest, I really have not wanted to cook all week. I have just been kinda forced to whip something up without much heart and thought in my meals. I know it is the heat and it being Summer time. I did make a delicious chili soup the other day. I had no leftovers!! My husband gobbled all but my one serving down that night!! (Granted he could get away with eating so much in one meal since he had mountain biked for 3 hours)

Daily Macronutrients:

Day                               Calories               Fat                Net Carbs                    Protein
Saturday                       1732                    138                   22                               87
Sunday                          2035                    142                   39                               85
Monday                        1659                     131                    10                              96
Tuesday                        1710                     159                   15                              55
Wednesday                 1576                     146                   10                              42
Thursday                     1481                     108                   30                              85    
Friday                          1593                      135                  12                              68

Daily Avg:                   1683                      137                 20                              74

Week 4 Weight Loss: 1 pound
Week 3 Weight Loss: 1 pound
Week 2 Weight Loss: 1 pound
Week 1 Weight Loss: 4 pounds

Total Weight Loss:   7 pounds

Okay, 7 pounds might not seem a lot for some, but it is a bunch for me in a month. Especially when I have not really done any true exercising. I am so happy with a one pound loss a week since the initial 1st week. I can say that there are days this past week where my cravings were about to get the best of me, but all I could think about is how well this way of eating is working for me and I don't want to start all over again!! On to another month!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment