Saturday, July 30, 2016

July 30, 2016 - Keto Diet Week 7

So this week I did a re-boot after last week's horrible stumble. I have been tracking everything I eat and trying to stay in the ratio I know helps me lose weight. I did go through a slight keto flu bought around Tuesday. I woke up with lower back pains and brain fog. I at first thought maybe I slept wrong but when I needed a nap after work I knew it was the keto flu. Crazy how one week out of ketosis did this to me! It only lingered for a couple of days and I am back in ketosis and feeling much better.

Another thing that is much better, the scale!! I have lost the 4.5 pounds that I gained last week plus an extra 1.5 pounds! A total of 6 pounds loss this week! I still have a long ways to go, but I am getting much better on eating the right way.

This was the first week my husband was away for his 3 months training in Texas. I only had to cook for myself because my daughter was not home much for dinner. I had packaged all my meat into single servings. So when I go home after work I just pull out one piece of meat and in an hour it as defrosted. So quick and simple!! I haven't even snacked on nuts this week. I actually haven't really snacked at all. I have also been grilling most of my food including vegetables. I put my vegetables in aluminum foil with a couple pats of butter and let them grill along with my meat. Everything is ready at the same time and I have no huge cleanup!!

My lunches have really only consisted of hard boiled eggs on mixed green salad or made into deviled eggs with pepper strips and salad dressing. I boiled a carton of eggs and placed them in the fridge and just grab and go. It is so nice to have quick easy items on hand. I think this is what has made my week so successful. I also did up a few coconut oil fat bombs. Each bomb is around 187 calories so these are only for the days I am under in calories. I added some almond extract, stevia, and almond slithers to the coconut oil. They turned out so cute and very yummy.

Breakfast has been eggs and bacon or a protein shake. I have to be careful with the protein shake mix because it is plant based and I don't want to exceed my macros. So I normally only do half a serving with the protein mix and I also add a serving of Gaia Maca Boost for some added energy.

I have been working some long hours this week so no exercise. Plus it has been so darn hot everyday to do anything outside in the evenings. But I have also been working up to 8 pm nearly every night and by the time I have shut down the computer all I want to do is take a long hot bath and then collapse into bed. My workload should let up some next week. I still will not be heading outside for any walks unless the temps are more tolerable, but I will follow along with some YouTube videos and get some strength training in.

Daily Macronutrients:

Day                               Calories               Fat                Net Carbs                    Protein
Saturday                       1491                    120                   16                               72
Sunday                          1382                    111                   28                               54
Monday                        1422                     94                      24                              76
Tuesday                        1518                     113                   26                              61
Wednesday                 1169                     73                      42                              64
Thursday                     1475                     103                   19                              75    
Friday                          1463                      116                   16                              77

Daily Avg:                   1417                      104                   24                              68

Week 7 Weight Loss: -6 pounds
Week 6 Weight Gain: +4.5 pounds
Week 5 Weight Gain: +.5 pound
Week 4 Weight Loss: 1 pound
Week 3 Weight Loss: 1 pound
Week 2 Weight Loss: 1 pound
Week 1 Weight Loss: 4 pounds

Total Weight Loss:   8.5 pounds

Looking at my macros (although I did not track last week and it was the week I gained a lot back) I can see that I need to stay at the calories I am at now for maybe another week and then decrease by 50 per day. My fat grams need to stay above 100 grams per day and my net carbs around 20 grams per day. I know to decrease my calories I will have to decrease my protein so this may be tricky. But another week at these macros will stabilize my weight loss and not shock my system. I think changing it up every two weeks will keep my system going smoothly instead of shocking it and it wanting to retain weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment