Saturday, July 2, 2016

July 2, 2016 - Keto Diet Week 3

I threw myself out of ketosis last Saturday!! We were out and about all day and ended up eating out. I thought I was ordering a very ketoish meal at Texas Roadhouse. The steak kabobs without rice and extra broccoli. Well, the steak had some type of sweet sauce on it. We also ordered a margarita and man was it sweet!! Even the husband wasn't thrilled with it. So I think all the sugar I consumed at lunch did me in. I didn't even eat dinner that night because I was kinda sick from lunch.

Sunday was over 2000 calories and this is where me needing to stop snacking on cheese comes in. We went to the golf range for 2 hours and I ended up snacking on cheese, nuts, and olives as my lunch. Nuts and cheese really pack on the calories. So I have to cut back on both. Mostly cheese!!!

Monday was not much better. We had to drive down to Salt Lake and my daughter did the driving. Needless to say we had a late dinner and I needed a TGI Friday's Grey Goose Cooler in order to handle my daughter driving us back home. Wow that girl is a jerky driver!!

I finally got back into ketosis on Thursday. I was just drinking bulletproof coffee on Monday and Tuesday. Come Wednesday I decided to eat eggs and bacon for breakfast again. It really makes a difference because I am full until lunch and sometimes way after lunch. Yesterday I didn't even become hungry until 1 pm when I normally am starving by 10 am. So I think I will stick to eating breakfast every morning instead of drinking it. I also have cut out the snacking. I think I was overloading on calories from snacking on cheese. So I have cut cheese down to only at dinner occasionally.

Oh my weight, throwing myself out of ketosis and snacking on too much cheese because I was hangry had me gaining this week. I was up to 183 by Wednesday morning. I got myself back on track and I actually lost one pound. So from 183 on Wednesday to 178.5 today. I'm sure the added weight at the beginning of the week was water retention from eating too much sugar. I know if I stay within my 1500 calorie range I will lose more, but I am happy with a loss instead of a gain like I thought I would have.

I have tried a couple new carb free recipes. I made cauliflower mac and cheese with bacon for myself Wednesday night while I made mac and cheese for the husband. It was rather tasty if I say so myself. I attempted almond flour pancakes. Though they tasted pretty good I have to tweak a few things to make them not fall apart when flipping.

My macronutrient breakdown is sad. You just don't realize how many calories and hidden carbs are in some items. This week I will be planning my days more efficiently where I know exactly what I will be eating and can adjust my calories so they are around 1500 daily. I know the winning numbers I just have to be more mindful.

Daily Macronutrients:

Day                               Calories               Fat                Net Carbs                    Protein
Saturday                       1799                    42                   107                               69
Sunday                          2013                    119                   25                               102
Monday                        1701                     148                    16                              71
Tuesday                        1932                     168                   35                              71
Wednesday                 1630                     143                   21                              66
Thursday                     1676                     139                   20                              62    
Friday                          1536                      100                  10                              48

Daily Avg:                   1755                      123                 33                              60

Week 3 Weight Loss: 1 pound
Week 2 Weight Loss: 1 pound
Week 1 Weight Loss: 4 pounds

Total Weight Loss:    6 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment