Wednesday, June 8, 2016

June 8, 2016

Well, weigh in was today. I didn't loss but I didn't gain either. I have to take a closer look at my nutrition and figure out what I am doing wrong. I might be consuming more sugar than I think. I do know that these past 2 weeks have not yielded any weight loss so I need to change up what I am doing. I think I am also not eating enough protein. My values for the past 7 days are around 60 grams per day. I might need to bump that up to 100 grams. So I need to go back to chicken at lunch instead of greek yogurt.



Current Meal Plans

My meals have consisted of oatmeal or steel cut oats with apples and cinnamon for breakfast.

Grapefruit for mid-morning snack.

Fresh fruit salad with watermelon, cantaloupe, and strawberries or blueberries with a Chobani Greek Yogurt cup for lunch.

Peanut butter with apple or cheese stick with ham slices for mid-afternoon snack.

Dinner has been a meat, veggies, and a starch.

New Meal Plans:

So I think I will stick with my oatmeal and steel cut oats in the morning but maybe stop using brown sugar. I need to try it with just the apples and cinnamon and see if I can get through it. Maybe add a drizzle of honey.

I will stick to fruit being my mid-morning snack especially grapefruit. Grapefruit seems to pep me up at that time.

Lunch probably needs to be a salad with protein. I do tend to tire of salads but maybe back to buying the salad kits again. It will give me some variety that I need when it comes to salads.

I think cheese sticks and ham will be my best afternoon snack since it will boost my protein significantly.

Dinner time probably needs some change up. Maybe drop the starch to just 3 times a week and stick to a protein and veggies the other nights.



Workouts:

I hope these changes will make a difference. I have been working out 5 days a week for an hour or longer. I had a killer workout yesterday and really felt spent afterwards. I did the 35 minute Step Strength Circuit Training by Jessica Smith TV and then the 12 minute leg workout by XHIT Tv. I could not do all the reps with the Jessica Smith workout, but I am getting better. Plus by the time the outer leg lifts came around with XHIT TV my legs were jello!! Today I have a 5k walk on the books. I completed last weeks 5k walk right under an hour (58 minutes). Today I want to beat that time but I also don't want to push myself so hard that I cannot workout tomorrow. My goal is to complete the walk in 55 minutes, but if I don't I won't beat myself up about it either.

I set reminders on my Jawbone UP armband to remind me of my workouts. That helps to motivate me as well. I know my sleeping has not been the best either. Even though I go to bed at a decent hour, my Jawbone UP band is showing that I get about 3 hours of sound sleep and the rest of the night is light sleep. I would love to get 4 to 5 hours of sound sleep. I might need to start shutting off the electronic devices and hour before bed time and read a book to settle into a sound sleep mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment