Saturday, June 25, 2016

June 25, 2016 - Keto Diet Week 2

2 weeks are up already!! I must say I got pretty tired of only drinking coffee for breakfast. I know I once only had protein shakes but since I began making breakfast I really like sitting down to a hot meal. I did have a couple of days that I was just starving by lunch! A few days I did have to have an afternoon snack to get me through to dinner, but most of the time I was not too hungry until the family would ask, "What's for dinner and when will it be ready?"

One thing I can say about Bulletproof coffee is that it is pretty filling. When you consider 2 cups is nearly 600 calories it better be!! When I drink my coffee with butter again, I will leave out the heavy whipping cream and just go with Almond or Coconut milk. I just didn't care for the HWC at all.

This week is suppose to be the first week of Intermittent Fasting, but I have decided not to go that route. Considering my hypothyroidism and HRT I think it might cause my hormones to go wacky and I just cannot deal with that again. I am going to do the 1st week eating plan again this week and for my 4th week I will do the Bulletproof coffee again. Just having the Bulletproof coffee for breakfast and then not eating until noon or later, I was experiencing really cold spells by 10 am. And that is very unusual for me. So I probably won't lose as much weight as others would with IF, but I'm happy with a 1 to 2 pound weight loss a week.

I wasn't going to bother with Ketostix to measure if I was in Ketosis or not, but I broke down and purchase some. I have been in mid-range all week which is good. I am staying hydrated and eating the right ratio.

I figure my eating plan will be this way for life. And the way I plan on doing it is by cycling one week of cooked whole breakfast items and one week of the butter coffee. I believe this will work. I will stick to eating lunch and dinner as normal on the week of butter coffee. This is doable for me and not as restricted.

I did add in some new vegetables this week. I added asparagus, zucchini and cauliflower to the mix. Broccoli, mushrooms, peppers, onions, and spinach were getting kinda old. I made a pork fried cauliflower rice combo last night. Cauliflower as rice was actually pretty darn good. My next venture will be cauliflower pizza crust.

Daily Macronutrients:

Day                               Calories               Fat                Net Carbs                    Protein
Saturday                       2030                    177                   42                               60
Sunday                          1812                    156                   14                               73
Monday                        1703                     147                    29                              67
Tuesday                        1383                     124                   10                              48
Wednesday                 1607                     145                   17                              55
Thursday                     1407                     129                   26                              39    
*Friday                          2511                      231                  32                              73

Daily Avg:                   1779                      158                 24                              59

Week 2 Weight Loss: 1 pound
Week 1 Weight Loss: 4 pounds

Total Weight Loss:    5 pounds

* Friday was a rough day....even though I did not eat any bread, pasta, or cereal like I was craving, I did over do it in the calories. I have to keep my calorie average around 1500 to lose. I think I also need to up my protein slightly this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment