Wednesday, June 22, 2016

June 22, 2016 - 12 days on Keto Diet

I am half way through the 2nd week since I made the Keto Diet change. So far no more Keto Flu and I am feeling fuller longer. I have had only the Bulletproof coffee for breakfast this week. I am very surprised that I am not hungry between breakfast and lunch at all. I actually am eating a later lunch because of no hunger pangs. My afternoon snacks are less frequent and I am not suffering any hunger pains in the late evening. Amazing I must say, just amazing!!

I do believe I am in Ketosis but I haven't received the keto strips to check as of yet. I know I am not craving any and I mean any carbs or sweets. I actually had to eat out on Monday night and I chose the side salad and no bun burger at Red Robin. I did not even want one of the fries. I didn't feel deprived at all!! I went away from dinner feeling full and satisfied.

Even though I haven't been hungry I have noticed that over the weekend my calories were a lot higher than I wanted. A lot is eating the high fat items and then looking at the calories afterwards. So I am trying to be a lot more diligent in my portions. They can really get away from you when you are adding coconut oil to your hot teas and coffee. Plus a nibble on cheese here and there, those babies add up quick!!

On the home front with the family and my new eating plan, they have been really supportive. The husband makes sure he doesn't offer any carbs or sweets and has actually not complained when I haven't cooked rice or potatoes for some of his meals. As long as I don't cram the yucky vegetables down his throat he is okay. I have been cooking a starchy vegetable or a pot of rice for him and my daughter. I have just refrained from eating any of it and loaded my plate with the vegetable I sauteed for myself instead. I am really surprised that I haven't even wanted a bit of the potatoes since they are my favorite.

I don't feel as if I have lost any weight this week so far, but I know my body has to adjust to this change in diet so I am not going to fret over it. I knew going into this new eating plan I would not be one of the ones who could boast a 10 pound loss in a week. My body just doesn't react to change like that. I think also since I already drink a lot of water and no sodas I don't have as much bloat from water weight, mine is all fat cells. Plus I wasn't eating many processed foods, I was just over indulging in fruits and portion control. So I will lose slowly but hopefully steadily.


No comments:

Post a Comment