Saturday, June 18, 2016

June 18, 2016 - Keto Diet Week 1

This week has had its ups and downs. Ups are that I lost weight finally!! Downs is that going through carb and sugar withdrawals really SUCK!!. I suffered the Keto Flu for about 3 days and then I started feeling better. I'm not at full energy but I think that has a lot to do with my thyroid trying to figure things out. I attempted a workout on Thursday and it was a hard push just to do 15 minutes on the treadclimber and a 10 minute kettlebell mix workout. I actually fell asleep and napped for an hour and a half after my pitiful workout!!

I am feeling like I can make this my new eating plan for life. Main thing is I don't feel as starved by eating this way. I haven't craved any carbs or sweets at all!! I even made rice for the husband and daughter the other night and did not feel deprived because I wasn't eating any. I even caught myself when cleaning the dishes and got some rice on my fingers to not just eat it off my hand. I instead wiped it off with a towel and not let one grain enter my body.

As for sweets, I have been indulging in drinking chai lattes using stevia, unsweet almond milk, and a teaspoon of coconut oil. I drink one a night with all the goodies in it and another with just the stevia. They keep my sweet tooth cravings at bay. I actually found an even better cup of joy when I remembered I had Zhena Organic Coconut Chai Tea. I made it up with the almond milk and to me it tasted like a cup of almond joy. Next time I think I will add some cocoa powder and then it will be a cup of almond joy!!

Today starts the week where I only have Bulletproof coffee for breakfast. I had never tried my coffee with butter but I already put coconut oil in it. I love it. Yep, bulletproof coffee consists of organic heavy cream, grass fed butter, and a MCT oil such as coconut oil. You blend it all together and drink up. I blended mine up in my nutribullet and it came out so frothy and delicious. I think I will survive until lunch, but if hunger is too much I will make sure I have some low-carb snacks on hand.

I am finding that I need to stay around 1500 calories to lose any ounces. I did have a day where I ate way too many calories and then reigned it back in the next day. Plus there are so many great forums on the web that have answered a lot of my questions. Normally a week into a new diet plan and I am hating life, but this one is different. Maybe it is the feeling full most of the day or the not having cravings. Even during the Keto Flu crap I didn't crave any carbs or sugar although that is my normal go to thing whenever I am sick. I think reading all the material and understanding the reason why I was feeling so crappy helped me stay on course.

Daily Macronutrients:

Day                               Calories               Fat                Net Carbs                    Protein
Saturday                       1455                    100                   29                               96
Sunday                          1567                    113                   30                               83
Monday                        1435                      95                    20                              116
Tuesday                        1400                     108                   19                              81
Wednesday                 1608                     132                   16                              85
Thursday                     1487                     122                   13                              75    
Friday                          1610                      100                  14                              110

Daily Avg:                   1509                      110                 20                              92

Week 1 Weight Loss: 4 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment