Wednesday, June 15, 2016

June 15, 2016 - 4 days on Keto Diet

Yesterday I hit 4 days on the Keto Diet. I decided on just scrambled eggs and sausage for breakfast along with my coffee with coconut oil and almond milk.

Lunch again was spinach salad with chicken. I went for something quick and easy.

Dinner consisted of stir fry steak with broccoli, onions & peppers. I stir fried everything in olive oil and butter.

I am in full blown Keto Flu hell. Throbbing headache and lower back pain. I also have very bad brain fog. It is really hard to concentrate and type this up. I added a 1/4 tsp of lite salt to some water flavored with Mio Energy and it really hasn't helped. I am drinking about 120 ounces of fluid per day.  Eating the high fat steak helped subside my headache and lower back pain as well as taking some ibuprofen. I will keep pushing and hopefully this will subside soon.

Like I wrote yesterday, I am having hunger issues towards the end of the day. I am going to stick with this program. I know once I get through the induction phase it will get easier. Everyone pretty much has it rough the first couple of weeks due to the low carb aspect of this eating plan. I went from eating well over 250 grams of carbs per day to less than 30. My body has to adjust and it will be okay. I just have to have faith in this process and accept the bad with the good.


No comments:

Post a Comment