Sunday, April 3, 2016

5th Week of March Update

March is over and I feel pretty good about the challenges I undertook. I completed 3 goals and did lose some weight. I found out a lot about myself during these challenges.

1 - I am not vegan material. I lasted only 4 days on a 7 day vegan diet. I don't take it as a failure but that I need higher protein levels in my diet.

2 - I can wake up early everyday and function.

3 - I love step aerobics but am not ready to work out 6 days a week.

This week was a rough one due to 3 social events I had to go to. I over indulged in the alcohol aspects of these functions on one occasion. I did really great on the third one but they served a slice of cake and guess what....sugar makes me want carbs. I blew my diet the rest of the day once I ate one slice of cake. So sugar is a trigger that makes me carb hungry as well as pasta and white bread. I will have to do like the lady that was sitting next to me and just accept the cake and not eat it next time. Plus sugar makes me lethargic as well. I just could not muster up the energy to workout as I had planned.

During my last event on Friday I did get an idea what some people think is a healthy way of life. A pilates instructor said that she only eats lunch. The rest of her meals are protein shakes. I just don't see how this is healthy. Another lady who is a snowboard instructor said she eats her largest meal at lunch and opts for a salad for dinner. I think it is just what works for someone. I could not eat like the pilates instructor, but understand why the snowboard instructor eats the way she does. She exerts so much energy in the morning and afternoon that she needs to replenish her body with lots of calories at lunch. All I know is that I have to keep my calories pretty steady through out the day. I also cannot eat a heavy lunch when I have had a heavy breakfast. I think you just have to listen to your body, but then again these ladies are healthy and thin. So what do I know right?

Breakdown of March 27th to April 2nd:


Well the old adage that you must burn 3500 calories in a week to lose one pound doesn't work on me. I can burn the calories but a lot has to do with what I am consuming as well. If I eat clean then I lose bottom line. Plus with the hypothyroidism I have to burn probably 4500 calories a week to lose a pound. It is just my body's chemistry and I have to accept and learn from it.

This coming week won't be much better since I am on vacation. Hopefully I can stay on track and make good choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment