Thursday, March 24, 2016

Thursday Tell All

So it has been 4 days since I began the 7 Day Flush the Fat Away meal plan. A few of the recipes just rock and I don't even miss meat as my protein source. Then there are a few, especially the Cleanse & Detox Smoothie, that I just have to push through to get it all down. I'm just not one for juicing and that one is all about a green juice instead of a smoothie. Plus I am not a raw kale fan at all.

Cleanse & Detox Smoothie....looks refreshing but I just cannot get pass the raw kale texture


My favorite recipes have definitely been the soups. I love the Black Bean & Lentil soup. I did use spicy organic black beans by Simple Truth Organic and it kicked up the season and spice level but even using regular black beans would still have a great spice and seasoning level in this soup. And another very filling and well seasoned soup is the Flush the Fat Away Vegetable Soup. I really think the sweet potato and bay leaf add to the flavoring perfectly.

Flush the Fat Away Vegetable Soup....this is delicious

Cleanse & Detox Superfood Salad...this is a delicious salad
A couple of days morning and afternoon snacks

Quinoa Pilaf...very filling and loved the mushrooms in this recipe

So far I have not missed eating meat and have been full most of the day. Monday night I did snack on more walnuts and grapes than I should have, but it was walnuts and grapes not chocolate covered candy of any sort. I don't expect to see a huge weight loss this week just because I am consuming more carbs than I normally do and my body will adjust to the change. Hopefully, the following week I will see some changes in the scale.

Workouts are going okay. Am I pushing as hard as I can? No. Am I at least doing the work? Yes. I am wrapping my brain around the fact that this is a lifestyle change and it takes many days of doing it before it becomes part of my routine. I'm getting there and haven't just thrown in the towel because it is hard. It is suppose to be hard at first. I will get back to my glory days of working out 6 days a week without having to make myself do it. It will get back to me wanting to do it again. I just have to listen to that darn thyroid and not push as hard on days when I am feeling drained and push harder on days I have umph in the tank.

No comments:

Post a Comment