Thursday, March 10, 2016

Thursday Tell All

Well it's Thursday and my week has become hectic. I did my workout on Monday even though I had to really push through. Tuesday, daughter's car broke down and I had to go pick her up and arrange for it to be towed. So no workout as planned on Tuesday. Wednesday was better and I got in my workout. Now it is Thursday and I was able to stick to my workout even though my day has been crazy!!

My workouts are becoming somewhat easier but my knee still does not like a lot of lunges in any form. Plus I am adding in low impact plyo. My knee is barking at me right now after today's workout. It had a lot of quick lunges and some plyo, but I will ice and keep pushing.


I thought I would share some meals that I prepared this week.

Breakfast:

Vanilla yogurt with fresh strawberries

Oatmeal with apples, tart cherries, and walnuts
Scrambled eggs with onions & peppers, bacon, & fresh pineapple and strawberries

Lunches:
I'm trying to go as low carb as I can stand, so I have been substituting crackers with sliced carrots.
Spinach salad with grilled chicken, Arugula salad with chicken salad & carrots, Chicken Salad & carrtos. Other days I had homemade Southwest Chicken & Black Bean Soup (forgot to take a picture)

Dinners:
I only remembered to take a picture from Tuesday nights dinner. The other days I have had baked barbecue chicken wings with celery and carrots; baked pork chops with asparagus and broccoli; and eggplant lasagna without the ricotta cheese.

Coconut shrimp with steamed veggies


 I am also trying a few flax seed meal recipes. I am not succeeding in too many of them but there is one that I liked. It is for an onion bagel and it turned out yummy right out of the onion but next day was no good. I also only had mini donut pans so I could not toast them. I bought a new pan that is for muffin tops and plan on making them again in this pan.


I will keep tying new recipes until I find one that works for me. This week is nearly over and I am feeling much better compared to last week. I was also hitting the wall at 1 pm each day and decided to take the full dose suggestion for my multi-vitamin. I had cut it down to half because it was pushing my selenium to 400 mg per day. But apparently my body needs that much. I am feeling much better after just 2 days of doing the full multi-vitamin dosage.

No comments:

Post a Comment