Friday, February 12, 2016

Mid-February Update



My last drink of alcohol was on February 5th. I know it has only been a week, but I am determined to stop consuming alcohol. (Keith will just have to deal)

I have worked out everyday even for just 20 minutes. I am having a hard time burning 350 calories, but then again I could be but without my fitbit I am having to guess or use SP's calorie burned calculator. I am to the point of walking for a straight 30 minutes on the treadclimber again!! Praise the Lord!! I am also jumping rope again. Small victories but it shows that I am becoming stronger.

When I first started the SP Workout for 30 days Challenge, I was not doing the exercises daily. I was catching up the whole week in one day. This week I have been doing the workouts daily and I am seeing a huge difference! I am able to do more reps and next week I will be upping my weights on certain exercises. I am half way through the challenge and it has been damn good.

Now my eating this past week.....I was doing awesome up until Wednesday night when I had bread and pasta for dinner. I now know what triggers my sweet tooth cravings!! I think it is more the yeast in the bread so I will test this theory out probably Saturday night. I will make a pasta dish and see if I have any sweet cravings afterwards.

I have been pretty much eating a modified Atkins diet this week (except for Wednesday). I have not eaten any bread during the day and most dinners consist of meat, lots of veggies, and a small side of either rice or potatoes. I will eliminate the rice side this coming week. I need to eliminate potatoes as well, but I will do it in steps instead of full blown elimination all at once.

My goal with my diet is to eventually eat only veggies, fruits and meat. No processed carbs but maybe once a week and when I say processed I mean a serving of cornbread or a homemade buttermilk biscuit. Whole food eating is my goal and since eating pretty much this way all week, I do feel so much better.

I plan on buying more fruits and having a fresh fruit salad ready at all times. I know eventually I will not have to count my calories and will be able to eat as much as I need to satisfy my hunger. As long as I am working out and burning as many calories as I can per day I will get to a healthy comfortable weight and become very strong!!


No comments:

Post a Comment