Saturday, February 6, 2016

Doing the Math

I have been tracking everything I have eaten for a few weeks. It hasn't been good!!

I ran a report in SP showing my daily differential of calories. This includes calories eaten, daily BMR, and any calories burned during exercise. My average differential for the past couple of weeks has been only -1157 calories. This explains why I haven't lost any weight.

I have done the math and broken it down to what I need to do each week in order to lose 2 pounds. It will be a challenge to cut down on my eating but it is the only way. I have read so many times that dieting is 80% of what you eat and 20% of exercise. I am seeing it now that I worked up the numbers.


Yep, I can only consume 1200 calories per day. I know that if I end up skiing or hiking and such I can burn more calories during that exercise, but on a slow week it will still be hard to burn 350 calories. That is still a pretty good workout for me. If I do strength training for 20 minutes, I will have to do the treadclimber for 45 minutes. Heck I did an hour of total body workout today and only burned 294 calories. It will be a struggle but this is what I will have to do in order to lose 2 pounds this coming week and every week afterwards!!

No comments:

Post a Comment