Monday, November 2, 2015

Candida Detox

It has been well over a month since my last post. I was really good at exercising last month but it didn't seem to make a bit of difference. I read about having an over abundance of yeast in your cut and instestines and I think this could be my problem.

When I had knee surgery I did get a yeast infection. I have not had one up until then since my hysterectomy in 2001. I think it was from the anesthesia and antibiotics plus not eating well balanced food the first 2 weeks after surgery.

The Candida Detox is a 3 phase detox.

Phase 1 is for 2 days only and the only thing I have is water, green tea, and vegetable broth.
As of today, November 2nd I have begun this phase.

Phase 2 is for 3 - 5 days. Only thing I can eat is certain vegetables along with eggs in the morning. I can have one salad a day with only lemon juice as my dressing. Again only water and green tea as my beverages. I can also only use stevia as a sweetner.

Phase 3 is for 14 days. I can only have steamed or roasted vegetables. I can add back in root vegetables during this phase. Once a day I can have cold raw vegetables such as a salad and quinoa as a grain. Towards end of this phase I can slowly add in protein from meat.

So for 21 days I will have NO dairy, cheese, alcohol, bread, and sugar. It will not be easy but I hope that I can stick with this detox so I can feel better. I don't think I will lose much weight during this but if I do that will be great. Even if I do lose weight I doubt it will stay off once I begin adding back in these eliminated items.

My goal is to cut down bread and gluten to just once a week. Eliminate sugar to only special occasions. Alcohol to once a month. Dairy I can really do without but will have to supplement my calcium. Cheese I can really do without but will add it in once a month. This is going to be very difficult but hopefully with the help from the other women on my SparkPeople team I will survive. Just these first 2 days will be very tough. I think the second day will be the hardest because I am not really hungry today at all.

*******************************************************************************

Exercising will not be easy with such small amounts of food, but I will do some strength training with light cardio. I think if I burn at least 250 calories in working out a day this will help, plus it will put me back into a routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment