Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Mid-August Update

Since the last of July I haven't really given this 100%.  I have been given it 90% which is better than completely stopping. I am still trying to figure out the best diet for my body. I have cut out wheat bread and I have only had a tortilla and a few crackers this week. I did go out to eat too many times last week.

So again I am trying to make this work. I feel as if I am constant on my workouts. They are not as intense as they could be, but my knee has been inflamed lately. I'm not giving up on myself and my needed weight loss. I haven't yet came to an acceptance of my size and will keep trying.

I thought waking up early and having breakfast before work would be better....nope....I just cannot eat or wake up that early. My body is used to sleeping for so many hours a night and eating after 8 in the morning. So I'm going to switch back to eating breakfast at work, but what should I eat. Apparently the Vega Protein mix I love has hemp and other items in it that isn't good for my thyroid. So I am back to researching what is the best breakfast for people with hypothyroidism. I know I need high protein but without a stove that will be hard to hit for my breakfast during the week.

I do know that my body is still adjusting to the meds so it might take a few more weeks before whatever I do really shows. I have to accept this and stop worrying about how large I am and seeing the family in October this much overweight. It isn't as if they are all skinny and healthy so I just need to focus on what makes me feel good. I need to get out of my head and focus on the steps I am taking.

Speaking of steps, I have ran two Sundays in a row. They aren't the best pace time but I'm doing it. I'm just going to stick with this program and see where I am in a couple of months. Then I will tweak it if need be.

Now I'm off to research breakfasts for hypothyroidism. Yay so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment